Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started by the brilliant folks at The Broke and the Bookish. Might as well get over our regrets early in the year, I suppose …
Hahaha….there are many.
- Our Lady of the Ice – Cassandra Rose Clarke
I just started reading other fantasy novels and this fell through the cracks simply because those other novels were out from the library while this one is a personal copy.
- An Inheritance of Ashes – Leah Bobet
I don’t know why. Don’t ask me. I feel terrible. It’s going to be my next read.
- Six of Crows – Leigh Bardugo
I know many people have been lauding this one but sadly, I just have had other books to prioritize over this one. Hopefully, I’ll manage to get it read in the new year.
- The Thief – Megan Whalen Turner
2016 for sure. Though seeing the comments from ppl waiting for the 5th book makes me think starting later rather than sooner may be for the best.
- The Icarus Girl – Helen Oyeyemi
I seriously want to read this one but for some reason never manage to actually get around to it. Huuuh.
What Nafiza said. Too many! (Also, the Inheritance of Ashes was good!)
- Winter by Marissa Meyer. I only just read Fairest so I’m slow on this, but I’ll get to it!
- The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. The cover is striking and I’ve heard only good things so, I’d like to have already read this . . .
- The Rose Society by Marie Lu. The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Page. Golden Son by Pierce Brown. They are all the second books in series that I have started, enjoyed, but have had no time to continue. It’s always so hard to even get to these series! I have read too many Book 1s!
- All Fall Down by Ally Carter. Dystopia. I gotta read it.
- The Sineater’s Daughter by Malinda Salisbury. I’ve heard only good things–one of the most important compliments being that this is very creative. I dig creative. I want to see what it’s all about.
- The Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell. Wolves. Girls. Survival stories. I don’t know why I didn’t get around to this, especially after Nafiza so kindly gave me her copy, but 2016 will be the year.
- Fuzzy Mud by Louis Sachar. The Publisher’s Weekly interview with the author put this on my tbr list.
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. I was hesitating on this one. Yash has encouraged me to go for it. Yes, ma’am!
- Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray. Why I want to read this is obvious for anyone who has read The Diviners. Why I didn’t get around to it should be obvious for anyone who as seen the intimidating girth of the hardback edition. I want more of all these characters, so all those words are good! But reading this will devour my days for, well, days.
- Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray: Ha. I see this one has made most of our lists!
- All American Boys by Brendan Keily and Jason Reynolds: I really should have read this the day it released, but here we are.
- Slasher Girls and Monster Boys edited by April Genevieve Tucholke: I’m definitely talking about this one in March! (That is to say, I will have read it by then!)
- Razorhurst by Justine Larbalestier: I think it released in Australia in 2014, but I heard about it only in 2015, so it counts! I think it may go well with Lair of Dreams.
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy: I WAS THE MOST EXCITED FOR THIS! I still am very excited though Tumblr may have spoiled some details for me. Can’t wait!