Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday feat. The Book Wars! Here’s a peek into some of our TBR piles for the season!
Oh the dreaded TBR. I never keep to them and if anything they keep me from reading. But since this is a thing, I will list the titles of books I would like to get to (without pressure at all!).
- The Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix that Janet and I are reading in October. Join us.
- The Mapmaker’s Trilogy by S. E. Grove
- Conspiracy of Ravens – Lilah Bowen
- Lair of Dreams – Libba Bray
- …and more.
I’m participating in a Mock Caldecott group at work, which means I’ve got a lot of catching up to do in the picture book department…Wish me luck!
- I Dissent! Ruth Bader Ginsberg Makes Her Mark by Debbie Levy
- Daniel Finds a Poem by Micha Archer
- Lion Lessons by John Agee
- School’s First Day of School by Adam Rex
- Cricket Song by Anne Hunter
- Thunder Boy Jr. by Sherman Alexie
- They All Saw a Cat by Brendan Wenzel
- The Uncorker of Ocean Bottles by Michelle Cuevas
- Jazz Day by Roxane Orgill
- The Airport Book by Lisa Brown
- I am writing this before Monday’s update, but I am sure by the time this is posted I will be eagerly awaiting Thursday’s update of Check, Please! by Ngozi Ukazu.
- The Midnight Star by Marie Lu: *screams into the abyss* REDEMPTION FOR ADELINAAAAAAA!
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo: *more screaming* PLEASE LET MY FAVES BE OKAYYYYYYYY!
- The Mangoverse Series by Shira Glassman: This has been on my TBR for a while, but this time I’m serious because I may be moving and that means, only ebook for a while.
- The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner: Speaking of ebook purchases I need to read …
- Goldenhand by Garth Nix.
- The Olive Conspiracy and Tales from Perach by Shira Glassman: AND the series has all new and very cute covers.
- Always Human by Walking North.
- Mischief at Midnight by Esme Kerr.
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates.
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. Throughout the month of October I’ll be posting my thoughts to our tumblr account under #Janet reads Les Mis.