Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is most anticipated books for the second half of 2017.
I’m going to veer off the topic slightly: not necessarily new and anticipated releases, but books I’ve never read (and might not have heard of before) that I can’t wait to read in the next few months.
- Outrun the Moon has my favourite new protagonist since Sorcerer to the Crown’s Prunella and Zacharias. The obvious course of action is to read all of Stacey Lee’s published books – Under a Painted Sky and The Secret of a Heart Note – while I wait for Dear Miss Sweetie’‘s release. 2018 is a long ways away.
- One Day
We Will All Be Dead And None ofThis Will Matter by Scaachi Koul.
- The Legend of Korra comics (publication date: July 2017) by Irene Koh, Michael Dante DiMartino, and Bryan Konietzko.
- As Brave as You by Jason Reynolds. (Yash was very convincing,)
- Forever, or a Long, Long Time by Caela Carter.
- Goldenhand by Garth Nix. I’ve been too busy or too cowardly to open this beauty even though I’d been waiting for this story for years. I look at it every day and still have not dared to crack the cover.
Thick as Thieves by Megan Whalen Turner. I CAN’T WAIT.
I feel like I missed Round 1, so can I just list 2017 books I’m looking forward to read? Even if they aren’t exactly from the second half? Because I need to list them:
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo: Added this to my shelf since finishing When Dimple Met Rishi. I need more sweet things in my life and this came with the highest recommendations.
- Miles Morales by Jason Reynolds: As if I didn’t already love that this is about one of my favourite superheroes, written by one of my favourite YA authors–the book is also illustrated by Kadir Nelson. Basically, I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE ASAP.
- Shadowhouse Fall by Daniel José Older: The wait is killing me. Is Sierra okay? That’s all I want to know. (Well, okay, I want to know if everyone is okay, but mainly Sierra.)
- Rebel Seoul by Axie Oh: I need any book with a comp title that includes Pacific Rim.
- Shadow Girl by Liana Liu: Modern! Gothic! Story! GIMME IT!!!