As the tin/Broke And The Bookish website says, we’ll be listing series that we haven’t gotten around to reading just yet.
As I can’t think of any series I want to start but haven’t yet, I will talk about books I had to return to the library because I didn’t finish them on time.
- Iron Cast by Destiny Soria
I really liked the little I managed to read of this and will continue at a less busy time.
- The Butterfly Garden – Dot Hutchison
I heard that this is not for the faint of heart but Hutchison’s prose is so beautiful.
- Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno Garcia
I have trouble with male protagonists so the going was a bit tough and just when I got into it, someone put the book on hold and I ran out of time to read it.
- Outrun the Moon – Stacey Lee
I NEED TO READ THIS.
- Nettle King – Katharine Harbour
I need to read this as well.
This is a bit of a tough one for me, because I don’t tend to read a lot of series – I have a short attention span, and I just can’t commit to a series. These Early Readers series do look pretty adorable, though, and I can’t wait to read them. I’m particularly interested in Ruby Lu – Ruby is a plucky Chinese-American girl, and I have a large Chinese population in my area who are rarely represented in Early Readers!
Yash named most of mine. Heh.
- Saints and Boxers by Gene Luen Yang have been on my tbr list f-o-r-e-v-e-r.
- The Reader and The Speaker by Tracey Chee. The covers are beautiful and the inside blurb looks just as appealing.
- Not Your Sidekick by C. B. Lee, although I’ll admit that until today I did not know there was a sequel.
And then there are series that I haven’t been able to read the sequels to because the library doesn’t have them yet.
- The Girl with the Glass Bird by Esme Kerr was excellent… but the library only has the audiobook for the sequel.
- Katherine Woodfine’s Sinclair’s Mysteries was off to a solid start (and by solid I mean devious and entertaining) with The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow.
- My beloved comic book addictions: Gotham Academy, Lumberjanes, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Ms. Marvel.