We accept review requests?!
Yes! We are always happy to read and review new books, but before you send us an email request, please read the following.
- We run this blog because we love children’s lit and any crossover materials. We choose what content to post here and we reserve the right to not review your book.
- Basically, a review request does not equal a review.
- We require all email requests to mention the staff member you’d like to have read and review your work.
- So please get to know us a little better before sending us a request.
What kind of books do we like reading, anyway?
When it comes to genre:
- Nafiza prefers fantasy and some general fiction.
- Jane does not have a genre preference–she reads everything.
- Janet favours fantasy but enjoys any story with strong writing.
- Steph prefers all kinds of speculative fiction, though she has a soft spot for sci-fi and dystopian fiction.
- Yash prefers any speculative fiction, but isn’t really opposed to other genres.
- Yuriy, like Jane, loves it all.
- Nafiza reads everything from novels to poetry.
- Jane only reviews picturebooks.
- Janet reads everything.
- Steph will read a good story in any medium.
- Yash doesn’t have a preference either.
- Yuriy reviews comics and graphic novels exclusively.
- Jane, Yash, and Yuriy are willing to accept e-galleys.
- Yash accepts audiobooks.
- The rest of the team prefer print ARCs or finished copies.
We’re mainly a children’s literature blog, so we mainly read PBs/MG novels/YA, but Yuriy will accept comics that aren’t particularly marketed towards young readers.
IMPORTANT NOTE! Yash will only be accepting ARCs of books by authors who identify as one or more of the following: lgbtqia+/disabled/person of colour/part of a religious “minority”.
Still interested in requesting a review?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to mention the blogger you’d like to have read/review your book in the subject line.