It was a “love freebie” and I decided to go with this. What books gave you the most satisfying conclusions to a story/series–even if they aren’t your typical fairy tale ending?
There’s a theme here.
- Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho.
- The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison
- Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins by Eric Kimmel; illustrated by Trina Schart Hyman
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stievater
- Wild Robert by Diana Wynne Jones
- The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. The trilogy had one of the most satisfying (for me) conclusions ever.
- Plain Kate by Erin Bow
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Some of these are definitely romantic–just not in the way you’d expect. And they are all, to me, satisfying endings. 🙂