I don’t really do a formal TBR list, but here are a few picture books that came out in 2017 that I haven’t had a chance to borrow and read yet. There’s really no reason in particular why I haven’t read these yet, it’s just that there are so many picture books coming out every month that I simply haven’t gotten around to them! Hopefully this list will remind me to start placing some holds at the library….
- A Greyhound, a Groundhog by Emily Jenkins, illustrated by Chris Appelhans
Lighter than Air by Matthew Clark Smith, illustrated by Matt Tavares
The Giant Jumperee by Julia Donaldson, illustrated Helen Oxenbury
Little Excavator by Anna Dewdney
You Don’t Want a Unicorn!, by Ame Dyckman, illustrated by Liz Climo
- If You Ever Want to Bring a Circus to the Library, Don’t!, by Elise Parsley
Ooooh, I have scraps of paper from high school with book titles that I wanted to read. But there are so many other interesting books to read and thing to do. #mytbrlististallerthanIamandIamnotashamed
- The Inconvenient Indian by Thomas King
- The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
- Delusions of Gender by Cornelia Fine (so I only heard about it last year. but it is apparently very good.)
- A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth
Look, it’s huge. Humungous. I will get to it one day.
- The Grace of Kings – Ken Liu
The Paper Menagerie scarred me so I’m scared of reading Liu’s books because I might not be able to recover from the sadness.
- A Lion Among Men – Gregory Maguire
- My Name is Red – Orhan Pamuk
- The Name of the Wind – Patrick Rothfuss